*Diversity* and ITC (also Re: [governance] ITU IG Resolution)

l.d.misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 12:44:10 EST 2006

Greetings and:

Brava to Kicki's posts and those of others emphasizing diversity
considerations, even imperatives  (paraphrase).

And here's an e-peg on which to hang *the hat of hope* in this direction:

The draft Resolution states early on (goal and incentive to...):

"promote the extension of the benefits of new telecommunication technologies
to *all* the world's inhabitants and to harmonize the efforts of Member
States and Sector Members in the attainment of those ends;" [emphasis
added].

Best wishes and Respectfully Interfacing (Achieving *Dialogue* While
Cherishing *Diversity*),
LDMF.

n 11/24/06, Kicki Nordström <kino at iris.se> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am missing the so called "vulnerable groups "   in the  draft
> resolution/statement.  Nothing on women, young persons indigenous peoples, ,
> rural areas or on persons with disabilities!
>
> I am convinced  that the world is identified as a man if nothing else is
> stated, so we need a gender approach to this document indeed to also make
> sure that women will be part of the ICT development.
>
> Yours
> Kicki
>
> Kicki Nordström
> World Blind Union (WBU)
> Immediate Past  President
> Chair, WBU Working Group on UN Issues
> c/o SRF
> 122 88 Enskede
> Sweden
> Tel: +46 (0)8 399 000
> Fax: +46 (0)8 725 99 20
> Cell: +46 (0)70 766 18 19
> E-mail: kino at iris.se

Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff (Ph.D., J.D.)
(914) 769 3652
InterNetizen, ARPANet-Internet 45+ years..