[governance] Update on upcoming IGF consultations

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Nov 22 17:28:20 EST 2006

Hi,

Plans are currently being made for an IGF stock taking session in
Geneva in February.

The MAG will tentatively meet on 12 Febraury to do it own stock
taking and there will be open consultations on the 13th.  The open
consultations will include translation into the 6 UN languages.

This is still in the planning stage and the dates won't be confirmed
until the end of the year, but I wanted to let people know as early
as possible.  As I understand it, the agenda will be rather open and
will include topics such as:

- assessment of the the first IGF
- recommendations for future IGF meetings both in terms of process
and substance
- discussion regarding the future of the advisory groups

This should give us lots of time to come up with some coherent IGC
positions.
I don't have any info yet on whether there will be a call for
contributions, but it would not surprise me if there were.

a.
(sometimes consultant to the igf secretariat)
     governance at lists.cpsr.org