[governance] Nomcom Chair for Appeals Team

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 11:02:04 EST 2006

Welcome Izumi,

1. I hope you have fed yourself well enough in other to be to wear
Avri's heavy shoes.Some kiddings anyway!!
Izumi is such an available and articulate person whom I consider very
fit to carry on and improve upon the coordination of the nomcom. His
tank ofr ideas is aplus for the job.
2. We will be missing the ever present Avri. An ideal candidate for
Minister of Foreign Affairs of her country. No more comment.
Avri, it was nice having you on. Have a deserved rest as from d-day.

Nyangkwe

On 11/16/06, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As my tenure as interim coordinator draws to a close (2 more days) I
> am happy to announce that I have  found a volunteer to lead the
> Nomcom to select appeals team. Izumi Aizu, well known to most of us
> and a long time IGC contributor, has agreed to take on the role as
> the non voting chair of the nomcom.
>
> I am sure he will be writing to the caucus in the next few days
> outlining how he will apply the guidelines contained in http://
> www.igcaucus.org/nomcom-process.html including dates for the various
> processes.  I have suggested that he try to shorten the process from
> 2 months, as indicated as optimal in the guidelines, but that will be
> his decision.  It is difficult to shorten it by very much maybe a
> week or two.
>
> Please help make his job easier by first volunteering for the nomcom
> lottery and then later by suggesting good candidates for the appeals
> team.
>
> Thank you Izumi!
>
> a.

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe