[governance] Elections for coordinators

Robert Guerra lists at privaterra.info
Mon Nov 6 09:30:02 EST 2006

I am of the opinion that more candidates are needed before an election
can be called.

Selecting among two candidates for two slots, well, isn't really an
election as both will get in. The question is which of the two
candidates will have the longer term.

Given the comments on and about the importance of linguistic diversity,
I would have hoped that a french and/or spanish speaker who is fluent in
English would have run.

I know proactive engagement is difficult with no resources at our
disposal, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't at least try.

I look forward to people's comments.

regards

Robert

     governance at lists.cpsr.org