[governance] GPLv3 implementation of "user centric identity"?

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Thu Mar 30 13:50:04 EST 2006

On 30-Mar-06, at 9:19 AM, Norbert Bollow wrote:

>   That was just an
> explanation _why_ I'm not going to support "user centric identity"
> as a potential IGF topic unless there's someone who is committed
> to implemeting whatever rough consensus emerges from the IGF
> discussions, in software that is licensed in an explicitly
> DRM-incompatible manner.

But that's a valid and important goal, and there has to be a group of
people with that commitment or prepared to make it (for example, Lee
McKnight"s note "we should talk.")  I'd gently suggest that it would
be quite useful (assuming the issue does become an IGF agenda item),
rather than insist that the group already be there, to create it and
push it into the process?

I should also note that, although I'm the guy who first proposed the
issue to the IGC list, I have no credentials whatsoever  in the user-
centric identity "community."  So the fact of the issue being raised
on the IGC list may not have come to their attention and may actually
need a push in their direction as well.

GG