[governance] Getting back to themes - How do we rank what we have so far ... ?

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 06:12:26 EST 2006

I agree with Ralf,

1) The request from N. Desai should probably be understood as limiting *
individuals* to submit a max of 3 themes, not groups of 200+ people like the
caucus. this does not prevent people from expressing support for one theme
or the other.

2) I suggested during the consultations that the themes suggested to the
secretariat be posted on the IGF site to allow for a round of comments
during the month of April, or in any case before the May meeting. It will be
the role of the MAG to review the proposals, and the subsequent comments
(including proposals for modifying the title of the theme or the angle to
address it) and establish a proposal for the final list of themes for
Athens.

3) the open consultations in May will aslo be an occasion for exchange on
the list of themes and I expect the list to be finalised only at the end of
the meeting, or immediately afterwards.

Best

Bertrand