[governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] RE: need of a description forcapacity building?

Ken Lohento klohento at panos-ao.org
Mon Mar 27 05:37:28 EST 2006

Dear Parminder and Milton

>It is my pleasure to agree wholeheartedly with Parminder on this.
>--MM

I'm also happy that the question has brought about that agreement :)

More seriously: thanks for your responses. I agree with the spirit of the
suggestions and the WIPO example given by Parminder seems to me relevant.
The issue now is how to ensure that effective actions/decisions are taken
regarding capacity building in developing or more specifically least
developed countries, in relation to IG? How to ensure that IGF keeps an eye
on it? Right at the beginning of the IGF process, we should work to ensure
that; and in my opinion, at the first meeting of the IGF, we should advocate
for/discussed that without allowing all the discussions to be focussed on
that. For example, since it seems we have 4 days for the meetings, why not
focus one day on that? (more a question than a suggestion) Or maybe better,
as we may have a parallel workshop or parallel sessions, we should discuss
this question during those events and then bring the outcome of discussions
before the plenary(ies).

Best

KL
www.cipaco.org