[governance] A process suggestion for IGF nominations

Gurstein, Michael gurstein at ADM.NJIT.EDU
Thu Mar 23 08:22:13 EST 2006

I'll volunteer as well but only because to this point I haven't seen
anything of interest coming out concerning the Global Alliance where I
would have thought my efforts would be better placed.

However, if nothing concerning the Global Alliance does emerge or if it
does develop as I have heard some rumours, in the form of the same old
same old i.e. son of DOTForce, ICT Task Force etc.etc. then I would look
to introduce the issues that are of concern to the folks with whom I'm
in communication into the IGF.

(and in this context I've just returned from a meeting of the European
Union of Telecottage Associations where some 20 or so networks of
national telecottage (viz. telecentre) associations (primarily from
Central and Eastern Europe but also including Russia and Central Asia)
were represented and where broad issues of ICT deployment particularly
in rural areas as an aspect of overall national development were very
much on the agenda for discussion...

MG