[governance] WSIS principles and conferences

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Fri Mar 17 11:26:22 EST 2006

Bill is absolutely right.

After four years a "wsis/wgigism" there is an open window of opportunity. You heras this from OECD and ITU, as Bill has reported, but also from other intergovernmental organisations, from UNESCO to the new Human Rights Council.

We will risk to miss the chance to make "history" if we are unable to bring our house in order.  Like it or not, the IGC is recognized across different constituencies as the "biggest brand" for CS involvment in IG. It was the Caucus who first proposed to create a global Internet Discussion platform, which now is the IGF.

What we need is first of all two new coordinators/facilitators who organize and structure the discussion, push the debate foreward and can function as the link to other constituencies and groups .

Where are the volunteers? Or where are the proposals?

Best

wolfgang