[governance] Annan to establish international forum oninternet governance

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Mon Mar 6 08:32:03 EST 2006

Il giorno dom, 05/03/2006 alle 09.13 -0500, Veni Markovski ha scritto:
> I can respond as an individual:
> Which parts of the Tunis Agenda are you referring to?

Exactly the parts that you quoted earlier in the thread, in your message
on Friday:

"71. The process towards enhanced cooperation, to be started by the UN
Secretary-General, involving all relevant organizations by the end of
the first quarter of 2006, will involve all stakeholders in their
respective roles, will proceed as quickly as possible consistent with
legal process, and will be responsive to innovation. Relevant
organizations should commence a process towards enhanced cooperation
involving all stakeholders, proceeding as quickly as possible and
responsive to innovation. The same relevant organizations shall be
requested to provide annual performance reports."

(and especially the "relevant organizations should commence a
process..." sentence.) ICANN is definitely one of these "relevant
organizations", so I am asking to you, as an ICANN director and leader,
how do you personally think that ICANN should act to comply with this
paragraph.

> I can speak for
> the Internet Society of Bulgaria, which has a project on Internet
> Governance. We have proposed to interested parties, including
> Milton's IG project, to actively cooperate with each other. So far
> there has been only one response - from BlueLink, who maintain a good
> site about WSIS. I am still waiting to hear from others, who want to
> cooperate on this issue. The lack of such positive signals from other
> entities, involved in the IG and the IGF, is a sign that not
> everything goes well in the civil society.

So your opinion is that this is not a matter regarding ICANN, or
requiring action from ICANN?