[governance] Caucus

Lee McKnight LMcKnigh at syr.edu
Thu Mar 2 15:35:30 EST 2006

I agree with Jeanette, and with regard to MMWG it is more the opposite that the caucus should drive as far as it can to consensus whenever it can, when not, smaller groups are always free to fall back to one or another venue to agree on a statement. And of course there are still larger and more diffuse venues too - just wait for the IGF global circus! : )

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wrote:
> 2. To serve as a space for discussion of how CS would intervene in
> IGF processes.
>
> in principle yes, but we have to avoid overlapping with the MMWG.
> Probably it will not be easy in practice to explain the differences
> between the old caucus and the MMWG. When I explained it to Markus,
> he was a little bit confused, and so will others :-(((.

What you mean, "old" caucus? It is merely 3 years old...

I think it would be a severe mistake to abandon the caucus since so many
people know about its existence and its people by now.

I agree with Milton that the caucus needs a new structure to survive. I
have been planning to write up some of my thoughts but havn't got around
doing this yet.
jeanette