[governance] Caucus

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Mar 2 15:13:38 EST 2006

hi,

i thought the difference was:

- MMWG - focuses on modalities, and only on modalities, in the IGF
and Follow up and Implementation mechanisms.  mmwg is open to all
individuals and not just civil society and is meant as a
multistakeholder group.

- IGC - focuses on all things IG as it wishes.  including modalities
if it feels like it.  the IGC is, to my understanding, meant to be a
civil society group - even though it has an open list.

the mmwg, as originally conceived, if i may be so bold, was not meant
to take anything away from the caucus, just a means to have a place
where people who like talking process, and more process, and possibly
even more process, have a place to talk process all the time without
blotting out talk on substantive topics.

a.