[governance] Caucus

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Thu Mar 2 14:46:06 EST 2006

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wrote:
> 2. To serve as a space for discussion of how CS would intervene in
> IGF processes.
>
> in principle yes, but we have to avoid overlapping with the MMWG.
> Probably it will not be easy in practice to explain the differences
> between the old caucus and the MMWG. When I explained it to Markus,
> he was a little bit confused, and so will others :-(((.

What you mean, "old" caucus? It is merely 3 years old...

I think it would be a severe mistake to abandon the caucus since so many
people know about its existence and its people by now.

I agree with Milton that the caucus needs a new structure to survive. I
have been planning to write up some of my thoughts but havn't got around
doing this yet.
jeanette