[governance] ICANN's strategy for the future

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Jul 22 11:25:24 EDT 2006

<personal opinion>

Hi,

On 22 jul 2006, at 04.39, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

>  but it never came to my mind that the IGC "as itself" could want
> to participate in ICANN consultations; it never did in the past (I
> presume it is also because most of us are already directly involved
> in ICANN through other groups and constituencies).

As I tried to say in my note, I don't think, especially at this
point, that the IGC per-se will have a statement to make (it would
surprise me).  but I think there are many individuals on the IGC that
might.  One of the values of the IGC, in addition to any cooperative
actions we may take, is to serve as a informational point for
activities that may be of interest to participants (a category i
think includes both meta-members, those who plan to vote on the
charter, and others on the list).

So as a participant who noticed it, and thought it might be
interesting to others, i passed it on.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org