[governance] ICANN's strategy for the future

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Jul 21 23:41:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

This is a really really late bit of information.  Unfortunately even
though I knew something was happening in the background, I wasn't
paying close enough attention and missed the notice of the consultation.

ICANN has blue ribbon panel to advise the ICANN president on strategy
directions for the future:

The announcement for the president strategy committee:
   http://www.icann.org/announcements/psc-consultation.htm

On 21 Jul (today that was) they had an web consultation.  I don't
know if there is a mp3 recording or are transcripts of that
consultation, but if i find them, i will let the group know.  The
announcement was at:
   http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-1-20jul06.htm

The significant thing for which there still is time is written
comments.  I am not suggesting that the IGC should come up with a
statement, but I figured that individuals, or groups of individuals
may want to contribute.  The deadline for these comments is

> Please note that the online consultations shall continue through 15
> August 2006.

> sent to: psc at icann.org.

Comments that have already been received can be found at: http://
forum.icann.org/lists/psc/ .  Some IGC participants have already
commented, so at least some of us were paying attention.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org