[governance] Re: Burr & Cade: proposal for introducing multi-lateral oversight of the root

Raul Echeberria raul at lacnic.net
Fri Jul 21 19:59:29 EDT 2006

At 08:32 p.m. 21/07/2006, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>McTim ha scritto:
>>>The Burr-Cade proposal only addresses a very small, but important issue
>>>many governments have raised: what if the USG considers that my country
>>>code has to disappear from the Internet ?
>>But if you remove all governments, you remove this issue as well.
>
>While I agree with you in theory, practice shows that, from entire
>areas of the world, the only participation you get is through the government.

I don't agree with this assertion, and so, I disagree with the
reasoning based on this supposed hypothesis.
But, beside that, the model that is being proposed is not a model
that will allow a good representation of those governments, that
supposedly represent the people that you are talking about. It is a
fallacy. The model proposed favors a small groups of governments/countries.

Raul

     governance at lists.cpsr.org