[governance] Establishment of the European Regional At-Large Organizaton

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sat Jan 21 11:46:34 EST 2006

Danny:

A quick reply...

1. I know about NCUC. CPSR is a member, and i'm on the board of
directors of CPSR...

2.  A quick review of the organizations you list reveals some
interesting statistics:

- Of the 41 organizations listed, a majority seem to be in the US.
- There are a few European organizations
- There are NO organizations from Canada (neither are there any
Canadian organizations in ALAC may I add)

3. Why aren't the ALAC or NCUC lists more active. If in fact they are
representing "internet users" in some way, then i'd expect a far more
engaged and lively discussion.

4. I've had the opportunity to meet and work with Vittorio in the
WSIS process. He's been open and transparent, and I do want to give
his open open call for engagement  a chance. Let's see how it
develops. Will it be ISOC only, or much broader in scope ?

5. What's my opinion on this - well,  first want to see how the
thread develops on this thread in the coming days...

regards,

Robert

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>