[governance] small correction & preparing EU Troika Meeting

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Feb 17 05:31:25 EST 2006

Ian Peter ha scritto:
> Surprised not to see network neutrality raised - nice to see spam and
> multilingual up there but in northern countries network neutrality is a huge
> issue and threat to the internet.

support: my top issues would be network neutrality and trusted computing...
but I think that, overall, we have to stress the message that the idea
of focusing the meeting on 2-3 issues they care (ie spam +
cybersecurity) and forgetting about everything else - which is something
that the EU explicitly said this morning - is not acceptable for us, so
since there's no time to fully discuss all the issues in the 3-day
meeting, please support the adoption of the bottom-up working groups method.
also could we say that if they adopt the method of 3 separate bureaus
(gov bureau + PSB + CSB) as suggested by brazil, then it's reasonable
that they wouldn't find anyone willing to be a member of the PSB & CSB?
(or, the sad thing, I imagine, is that they would actually find some)