[governance] draft for a caucus intervention for Geneva

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Wed Feb 15 04:40:35 EST 2006

hi

i've looked over very quickly and can support
everything here - we would have additional points
to make, or would emphasize some points more than
others, but can do so in a separate intervention.

the two points i would add, or, think are missing
- are the importance of a rights based approach
to the forum (with specific reference to privacy
and freedom of expression) and the importance of
an overriding development orientation to the work
of the IGF (i don't see any reference to
developing country priorities in this text,
excepting that of capacity building and
participation - which are of course important,
but nothing that indicates issue focus/priority)

anyway, if this is too difficult - i can raise in our intervention..

APC will post it's survey response today, very
late.. and i'll post a copy here..

In some ways, we are still thinking, so the

karen