[governance] location

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Tue Feb 14 15:28:15 EST 2006

On 14 feb 2006, at 18.02, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:

> I find the idea of a rotating secretariat dangerous because that makes
> it vulnerable to the institutional competition between various UN
> organizations.

i don't actually remember discussing a rotating secretariat.  but it
may have been a terminology difference.  what i was talking about was
the idea that the logistics of setting up meetings could rotate among
other organizations.  if one thinks about a secretariat as a group
that does lots of stuff and also organizes the logistics of meetings,
this one piece was conceived of as possibly rotating.  at least that
is what i was thinking about.  this chunk can get large and
cumbersome, so this was one possible way of keeping the secretariat
lean and focused on the substance of the forum administration.

a.