[governance] Greek presentation @ Malta/Diplofoundation conference

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Fri Feb 10 11:55:15 EST 2006

Hi all:

here in Malta at the conference organized by diplofoundation.

Papadatos gave a rather detailed presentation at the last panel on
and about the proposed meeting in Greece and the IGF as well. The
extent of detail and possible structure of the IGF was quite detailed.

I don't think that the formal OK has been given for Greece to host
the IGF first meeting and the secretariat , but it sure was presented
that way.

Jeannette , Adam, Avri, Karen, Jovan and Bertrand are also here. Will
be interesting to hear their thoughts on Papadatos's presentation.

regards

Robert

> From: Milton Mueller <mueller at syr.edu>
> To: vb at bertola.eu.org, plenary at wsis-cs.org
> cc: governance at lists.cpsr.org, bureau at wsis-cs.org
> Subject: Re: [governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] Meeting on preparation
> of IGF meeting in Greece - 15 February
> Date-Sent: February 10, 2006 11:15:10 AM -0500
>
> Vittorio:
>
> I totally agree with your diagnosis of the problem. Two
> observations, however:
>
> 1) originally this consultation with Papadatos was going to be
> completely detached from the IGF consultation. So, putting it on
> the 15th was "an improvement" ;-). I knew of this decision well
> enough in advance to plan my trip to Geneva accordingly.
>
> 2) I and others in IGP continue to call for use of online
> synchronous communication for these kinds of consultations. I'd
> encourage you to add your voice to that chorus.

> [Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the
> entire list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended
> for specific people]
>
> Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic
> translation of this message!
> _______________________________________
>
> Il giorno mer, 08/02/2006 alle 09.39 +0100, CONGO - Philippe Dam ha
> scritto:
> > Dear all,
> >

> > This is to confirm that the meeting with George Papadatos to consult
> > with NGOs on the preparations for the IGF meeting in Greece will
> take
> > place on the 15 February, 15:00-18:00, at the CONGO Office in
> Geneva.
>
> Can I ask to civil society people that have the chance to attend this
> meeting (I won't) to make the point that it is a bit confusing to add
> one more day of meetings in Geneva to two other already scheduled days
> of meetings, and it adds up to increasing costs etc.?
> I think we should encourage the Greek government to cooperate more
> with
> the official IGF setup process, managed by Annan and his delegates,
> and
> avoid unnecessary duplication of meetings and discussions, which is
> particularly hard to bear for civil society people.
> Thanks,
> --
> vb.             [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]
> <-----
> http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Prima o poi...

Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>
Director, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR)
Tel +1 416 893 0377 Fax +1 416 893 0374