[governance] [CS Bureau] Consultation on ITU reform today

William Drake drake at hei.unige.ch
Wed Feb 1 10:49:30 EST 2006

Hi,

It's sort of depressing.  We've heard that CS want to participate 'without
any obligations;' that letting us in with fee waivers would be soooooo
expensive; that CS is simply misinformed, in reality many workshops etc are
open (like this one was open---decided and announced by the chair at the
start of the session?); etc etc.  The suggestion that CS should be able to
send observers on an ad hoc basis to particular events, like the rest of the
UN system, found no resonance.

Bill