[governance] Four legs good, two legs bad

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Sat Dec 9 07:54:02 EST 2006

Milton,

the fact that the IGP publications have proposed something, doesn't
make it a rule. You say something important, although in brackets. The
keywords here are "we hope". There is untranslatable word game in
Bulgarian for that matter "we hope", but I will try to make it
politically correct:

Yes, we all hope on different issues, and hopefully the civil society
hopes for the same important items. However, the road to Hell is paved
with good intentions, too, as we all know.

I understand that for you, as a University professor, this is a highly
philosophical question. You believe in your cause, which makes you a
believer. Your belief has nothing to do with the actual cause, that
may be good or not so good.

You talk about George Orwell, but again that's a philosophical,
theoretical question.

Let me ask you: since you talk about models, and governments being
good, why not give us an example of governments that have solved the
problems with the IG? But solved with full participation of all multi
stakeholders, through bottom-up processes, in the interest of all
society, and with keeping privacy protected.

thanks in advance for your concrete contribution.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org