FW: [governance] Rhonda:another data point

Laina Raveendran Greene laina at getit-multimedia.com
Sat Dec 9 00:58:16 EST 2006

Ditto to what Lee on historical facts worth noting in objectivity (i.e
without credit or blame) and just to add one more point, there were some
involved in the negotiating of Art 9 of the International Telecommunications
Regulations in 1988, under the World Administrative Telegraph and Telephone
conference in Melbourne, who also meant it to apply to the Internet (ART 9-
allowed for these networks to operate outside the ambit of the "normal"
public infrastructure rules.

Best,
Laina