[governance] New dot com agreement changes USG-ICANN relationship

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Sun Dec 3 14:47:07 EST 2006

At 06:45 PM 03.12.2006 '?.'Ъ▄Ж  +0100, Wolfgang KleinwДchter wrote:

>Is there any offcial comment by the USG on the
>ITU Resolution 102 from Antalya? Is there some
>interpretation what means what? US Government
>obviously has supported (or watered down and
>when yes what was the earlier version?) the
>text. You will find in the adopted text seven
>times "enhanced cooperation", half a dozen times
>"domain names and IP addresses" but ICANN is not
>mentioned at all. Is this a new US
>double-strategy? Or a farewell to "private sector leadership"?

Wolfgang,
you surely know that these discussion are held
behind closed doors, and no information is allowed to leak.
We can all interprete as much as we want, and
find ourselves engaged in useless discussions -
that's not a problem. But do you really want this?
Say, your conference on ICANN in Prague was quite
a substential one. May be someday you will have
it as part of the ITU Telecom - may be even next
year in Sofia? This is where we could contribute,
and this is where we can make a difference.

Sincerely,
Veni Markovski
http://www.veni.com

check also my blog: