[governance] Next steps

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Apr 28 04:44:06 EDT 2006

Just to be practical, can we try to focus back on next steps for the caucus?

There was ample support for Avri to coordinate the caucus for process
matters towards the establishment of a new formal structure, with some
people opposing the idea of a single coordinator and asking we continue
to have two. Then I tried to propose a compromise, to appoint Avri not
as coordinator but as chair of an open "chartering group" that would get
back to the caucus with a draft of a charter. I don't know whether my
middle ground is reasonable, but I think that some consensus was
emerging and we should try not to lose it.

So what do we do?