[governance] individuals

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Apr 28 04:41:27 EDT 2006

Meryem Marzouki ha scritto:
> Despite its numerous references, it hasn't been shown yet that the
> issue/policy entrepreneurship is a model of CS collective
> organization (which is the one discussed here re: IGC organizational
> form), rather than a concept identifying very small, niche market
> oriented, particular kind of businesses.

Well, if you go this way, then NGOs are policy businesses all the same,
right? Simply they don't pay dividends, they pay salaries and
reimbursements, but the principle is potentially the same: if someone
wants to make a living out of policy activities, the form of
incorporation is a secondary issue.

(In Italy - don't know about elsewhere - many, perhaps most, businesses
that operate e.g. in the health sector are converting themselves into
NGOs - this way, they pay less taxes, can get grants and donations, and
even a share of your annual income tax if you want. Then, the NGO
usually decides to use surplus money to buy houses, cars, boats that are
given as "instrumental means" to the Chairman and Councillors... Of
course none of the NGOs involved here is of this type, but this is just
to illustrate my point, which by the way is drifting towards off topic.)