[governance] individuals

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Apr 27 12:26:31 EDT 2006

>>> David Allen <David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu> 4/26/2006 2:25 PM >>>
>Michael Gurstein has proposed a network model.  Though Avri and
>Carlos have offered elegant support, I for one do not see
>any specifics as to what is such a model.  What is the structure?
>Who does what to whom, when?  How are practical matters dealt?
> How does it truly scale and garner legitimacy

Yes, David, the "network model" is a purely rhetorical nonsolution to a real problem. Networks are basically about voluntary association with no clearly defined procedures. In fact, we (remnants of WSIS-CS) are already in a network form of organization. We are also very much in the "competitive marketplace" for influence, and anyone who thinks that a network gets you out of that is being quite unrealistic.