[governance] coordinating the IGC

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 01:19:40 EDT 2006

Hi Bill,

I see this to be even a perfect timing! the transition as being designed by Avri is
about 2 months, so the first fully fledged coordinator will be (s)elected by July,
which might perfectly be you (I do hope to see you contest as one of our next
co-coordinators). I understand that Avri is not interested in anything right now but
coordinating the transition (reason why I support her coordinating alone the
transition), my reasoning being that our first two co-coordinators (full mandate)
should not be too much involved in leading the transition. In Africa, we experienced
that kind of situation when some countries went through a democratic transition
period in the years that followed the end of the Cold War: parties had a fight to
make sure that the prime minister of the transitional govt be not a future candidate
to the next presidential elections (and not even from the ruling party). [Ok, that
was not a guaranty of successful transition :), but it made sense]. All things being
equal...

Cheers,

Mawaki