[governance] coordinating the IGC

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Sat Apr 22 03:25:48 EDT 2006

Hi Avri

I also welcome and support your offer to act as chair/coordinator for the
IGC.  I do not see any problems at present with respect to your other
activities, and I am confident that any future conflict of interest
situations (if any) can be handled easily enough.

Regarding staggered 2-year terms, I support this proposal, both for
continuity of knowledge and logistics, and because I think an annual
election process is a useful thing (and conversely because having an
election every 2 years is too infrequent).

Can I ask you to confirm whether the terms "chair" and "coordinator" refer
to the same role?  This is not entirely clear in your proposal.

Thanks!

Paul.

--On Saturday, 22 April 2006 1:42 AM +0200 William Drake