[governance] Terms was coordinating the IGC

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Apr 22 05:49:31 EDT 2006

On 22 apr 2006, at 00.57, Mawaki Chango wrote:

> Thanks a lot for making yourself available for this responsibility,
> once again. I
> see no issue with the whole situation, and support the idea of
> staggered mandates.
> Though it might sound like putting too much on your shoulders, I
> would see your
> transition coordination role being extended until the second (i.e.
> the first
> even-year) coordinator be elected, assuming we elect the first
> coordinator early 07.
> That means you would be in office about 1.5 year for a smooth start
> of the staggered
> coordination mandates. But maybe I've missed something or someone
> has a better idea?ner

a time line of what i was thinking of:

- assuming the basic idea is acceptable - i start in May
- we arrive at a working charter in May/June
- we select (by some manner or other) a co-coordinator (even-year) in
June/July
- we select a co-coordinator to replace me in Mar/April 2007 (odd-year)
- we select a co-coordinator in Mar/April 2008 (even-year)

This has me serving about 12 months, maybe a little less
and the first even year co-coordinator serving 22 months, maybe a
little less

(of course the months when things happen could shift a little one way
or another)

so the only time this would leave me alone in the role is through the
charter discussion and the selection process for the co-coordinator
(including the time during which we, the IGC, figure out the
selection process), i.e hopefully only 1-2 months.

thanks
a.