[governance] Terms was coordinating the IGC

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 00:57:23 EDT 2006

Hi,

--- Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> the reason for me to offer to take a year term is to
> a. establish the staggered coordinatorship
> b. as a bootstrap to developing a method of picking coordinators with
> legitimacy.

Thanks a lot for making yourself available for this responsibility, once again. I
see no issue with the whole situation, and support the idea of staggered mandates.
Though it might sound like putting too much on your shoulders, I would see your
transition coordination role being extended until the second (i.e. the first
even-year) coordinator be elected, assuming we elect the first coordinator early 07.
That means you would be in office about 1.5 year for a smooth start of the staggered
coordination mandates. But maybe I've missed something or someone has a better idea?

Mawaki