[governance] IGC nominating committee for IGF MAG candidates

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Tue Apr 4 11:00:50 EDT 2006

Easiest way I would think is if:
With the nomination, the information comes. If it is a
self-nomination, cool. If the nomination comes from someone else, then
the NomCom needs to contact that person to ensure that they are
willing to serve. So - the nomination isn't complete until all the
info is in, preferably in one package. Then the NomCom starts its job
- checking to make sure that everyone is willing to serve if
nominated, getting more info where needed to make a decision, etc.
Jacqueline

On 4/4/06, Avri Doria <avri at psg.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4 apr 2006, at 16.13, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:
>

> > Just for clarification: If I understand correctly, nominating
> > someone means to suggest a person and to explain why this person
> > would be good for the MAG.
>
> yes.  although it can also be a self nomination.
>
> > If that person accepts the nomination, she sends the requested bio
> > to the NomCom? If not, could you please explain who is expected to
> > do what?
>
> well, i wasn't thinking of anything strict.  i think that the nominee
> could do it.  or the nominated could do it.  i think that the most
> important thing is to have the information.  and if it comes collated
> in one package, no matter who sends it, then it is easier for me.
>
> but if you think it should be more formal, i would welcome a
> suggestion on a process we could use.
>
> thanks
> a.
>

> > thanks. jeanette
> >
> >> The basic criteria we are using are:
> >> - All candidates must be CS participants in the WSIS and post-
> >> WSIS  activities
> >> - 2 candidates from each of the 5 regions with gender balance
> >> - 5 additional to balance for skill/knowledge set, age,
> >> disability, ...
> >> - Additionally
> >>    - anyone can nominate, including members of the nomcom.
> >>    - self nominations are invited
> >> At a minimum, all nominations and self nominations should consist
> >> of  the following:
> >> - Name
> >> - Nationality
> >> - Country of Residence
> >> - Gender
> >> - Short Bio relevant to IG
> >> - Why the (self)nominee is a good choice for the MAG
> >> All nominations statements should be sent to : IGC-nomcom at wsis-cs.org
> >> thanks
> >> a.

Jacqueline Morris