[governance] Caucus Position on Oversight? (four decision points)

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Sep 25 05:31:37 EDT 2005

Great analysis Bill. I am off line for a few hours but two quick comments

#1. I agree with the non-binding forum, which necessitates further
discussion of #2 AND #3
#4. There is another alternative of course. In reality, the edit function is
totally unnecessary and could be abandoned. I believe that is the CENTR
position. Abandonment of the function in favour of self regulating ccTLDs
(government involvement of course) and some mechanism for GTLDS (which are
hardly a national security matter if USG keeps its .mil). Maybe the
breakthrough here is just to get rid of it and maybe that ought to be part
of the thinking on this.

Ian Peter
Senior Partner
Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd