[governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] slight postponement oftoday'scaucus meeting

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Fri Sep 23 09:12:12 EDT 2005

Veni Markovski ha scritto:
> Why not think how to improve ICANN, and make it more "credible", instead
> of starting from scratch, and waste the first 7 years? I understand the
> desire for the forum among some people, but there are other options,
> too, including in the WGIG report....

Apart from any consideration on the likelihood of substantial structural
improvements in ICANN (not impossible, but certainly not easy), I always
understood that it is NOT the desire of ICANN itself to deal with
anything but the DNS. We are talking about a much broader range of
issues, most of which lie at the content and application levels, rather
than at the network one.