[governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: MODIFIED draft text on political oversight

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Wed Sep 28 10:08:17 EDT 2005

Milton, I share your concern, and I also share you suspicion that
"public policy issues" are deliberately defined in a vague way to ensure
a maximum of flexibility for governments to intervene whenever they
like. If its possible enumerate relevant cases of international public
policy issues, we should definitely propose this. In fact, this would be
a good issue for another intervention on behalf of the caucus.
So, if those more competent on this issue could perhaps put together a
comprehensive list of public policy relevant treaties or mechanisms or
whatever, that would be most welcome.
jeanette