[governance] oversight stmt

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Sep 29 05:02:55 EDT 2005

On 29 sep 2005, at 10.07, McTim wrote:

> 1. Many Thanks and well done on the potential compromise position.

thanks.  and thanks to all of you for helping this get done is such a
short deadline pressured time.
now lets see if we can pull off another one for this evening
subcommittee meeting.  even less time then before.

> 2. I don't think there is anyone in the caucus who stands for "no
> change ever ever"

i did not mean that those positions existed in the IGC, but rather
among the nations.  and there is at least one 'no change ever ever'
govt.

> In my industry, we adapt or die. IG is constantly evolving. An example
> of this is this week's traffic from ARIN PPML.

did not see that.  can you send a ptr?

> BTW, where do you stand on IPv6 PI?

i find  Tony's arguments intriguing.  i tend to support it
technically (anything to make the routing table smaller) but am not
sure about it from a policy perspective.

so what do you think of it.

a.