[governance] oversight stmt

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 05:49:21 EDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> > 2. I don't think there is anyone in the caucus who stands for "no
> > change ever ever"
>
> i did not mean that those positions existed in the IGC, but rather
> among the nations.  and there is at least one 'no change ever ever'
> govt.

I understand now.  I also think this porcess may have driven to this
harder line.

http://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2005_1.html

> i find  Tony's arguments intriguing.  i tend to support it
> technically (anything to make the routing table smaller) but am not
> sure about it from a policy perspective.
>
> so what do you think of it.

swamp=bad idea.  Tony is prolly smarter than me, as I don't have the
foresight to see
how v6 deployment will shake out.

I can't support 2005-1. I can wait for shim6 to pull a rabbit out of
it's hat before I make such a fundamental change.  You have to be
already v6 multihomed/have100,000 devices seems arbitrary, etc.  Then
the size, why give /44's out in even a limited fashion, when folk want
/32 to avoid current and future filtering.

I also think the HD ratio is far too generous, but that is another
policy proposal. ;-)

--
Cheers,

McTim