[governance] draft text on political oversight

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:18:56 EDT 2005

Morning Lee,

On 9/27/05, Lee McKnight <LMcKnigh at syr.edu> wrote:

> There's this not insignificant matter that neither ICANN nor IANA has to do a thing China >or the UN tells it to.So while in UN halls the need to kiss up to governments is naturally >strong. But out on the net it's not : )

You've hit the nail on it's head IMO.  I thought we were actually
trying to build a workable future IG structure here.   If there is no
hope of getting cooperation from IANA/ICANN/USG
then what is our implementation mechanism?

We just build it outside the current governance structure, and hope
they listen to us sometime in the future? That does not seems to be
workable to me.

--
Cheers,

McTim