[governance] A Host Country Agreement

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Tue Sep 27 20:09:27 EDT 2005

I was attempting to distinguish from entities like the UN which have a
treaty behind them.  If there is a treaty, which (as you note) there is in
the case of the R.C., then that leads neatly and routinely to a HQ
agreement if the treaty contemplates a secretariat.  Maybe I've become
overly legalistic, but this seems to me to be a fundamental difference
from the (current) ICANN case....

--
http://www.icannwatch.org   Personal Blog: http://www.discourse.net
A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin at law.tm