[governance] First prepcom interventions

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon Sep 19 11:11:38 EDT 2005

I agree with Jeanette.  These issues merit more than a couple of
short sentences.  Privacy of course important. And consumer rights
have often been overlooked in the Internet governance discussion.
But the relevant paragraph from the WGIG report is:

"26 Consumer rights
There is a lack of global standards for consumer rights over the
Internet, for example in the international purchase of goods through
e-commerce; as such, users have few if any means to enforce their
rights, even when these rights are recognized by legislation. In the
case of digital goods and online services, there are problems for the
practical and full application of traditional consumer rights."

3 minutes... 300 words!

Adam