[governance] caucus comments: moving forward

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Sep 23 06:06:32 EDT 2005

I just read the text below.

We feel uncomfortable about reacting any more strongly/specifically
without feedback from the caucus (and others).

Please read the chair's paper and send comments
<http://www.itu.int/wsis/documents/doc_multi.asp?lang=en&id=1962|0>

Good morning again chair, thank you, this text it is extremely
helpful and we look forward to the opportunity to contribute to its
further development.

we are uncomfortable with the wording of 43 c.  and with respect to
your comments about treading carefully about suggesting new text,
would anyway like to give some new language for 43c.

"Civil society has played an important role on Internet matters. This
role has ranged from capacity building at the community level to the
contribution of much of the technological innovation and to the
creation of much of the content that makes the Internet what it is
today.  Civil Society should continue to play such a role. "(end of
text)

And with this in mind, we would like to again express our wish that
we and all non governmental participants will be able to participate
to the fullest extent possible in the drafting group process. Thank
you.

Thanks,

Adam & Jeanette