[governance] Internet Governance Events at the WSIS-Tunis

Jovan Kurbalija jovank at diplomacy.edu
Fri Sep 16 09:16:14 EDT 2005

Dear Colleagues,

With regard to the WSIS in Tunis, we plan to organise three events on
Internet Governance, to be held within the framework of the GKP's Internet
Governance Cluster.

The first event will focus on the Internet Governance Capacity Building
Programme. We plan to have participants join us from the IG CBP (currently,
we are in the middle of its second research phase) and our Belgrade Internet
Governance Course. Both of these initiatives have yielded some excellent
participants from developing countries. The idea is to introduce some fresh
thinking to the IG debate, bringing new dynamics and new perspectives.

The second event will focus on the forum function and possible developments
after the WSIS. We plan to have the "usual suspects" participate at this
event.

The third event should focus on the link between development context
(grassroot problems/initiatives) and Internet Governance.

Yasmeen Ariff, who is in charge of the organisation of these events, will be
in Geneva during the Third Prepcomm. Please let me know if you are
interested in attending one of these events. We can arrange a short
brainstorming meeting during the second week of the Third PrepCom.

Regards, Jovan