[governance] draft statement

Laina Raveendran Greene laina at getit.org
Thu Sep 29 11:40:12 EDT 2005

Not sure which amendments you are adopting in these bracketts but speaking
personally not on behalf of my NGO, I like the emphasis on the need to adopt
multistakeholder and also not to predefine or limit the role of the
stakeholders involved. I am not in Geneva, but it sounds like the Canadians
are coming up with somethingmore workable and acceptable. I like the support
for this. Overall the spirit of this note is in the right direction of
inclusiveness and review also ensure some accountability and mapping
progress. The statement is also not too prejudicial or harsh. As an NGO, we
have no specific stand on any solution adopted save it be done in the right
spirit of cooperation, shared responsibility and the "trusteeship"i.e for
the good of all.

Thanks,
Laina

  _____