[governance] Bildt on IHT

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at internatif.org
Thu Oct 13 08:29:58 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 01:56:50PM +0200,
 Vittorio Bertola <vb at bertola.eu.org> wrote
 a message of 14 lines which said:

> http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/10/10/opinion/edbildt.php

Well, the US DoC (and probably the ITU too) can certainly hire a lot
of prestigious lobbyists. But there is no need to read all their
productions. We whould instead try to develop original proposals,
instead of simply being required to support Charybdis or Scylla.

The Bildt paper is simply a rehearsal of an old rhetorical trick:
"The others will be worse".

One thing that annoyed me specially, because I believe to be an
"Internet professional": Bildt writes "Its [the EU] proposal [...] has
met with fierce fury from Internet professionals worldwide". There is
no such thing as "Internet professionnals" as a community with common
goals or opinions. Internet professionnals, like every other netizens
/ stakeholders / users are deeply divided. Using this mythical group
is a weak attempt to technocracy, IMHO.