[governance] oversight

Danny Butt db at dannybutt.net
Wed Oct 12 18:23:26 EDT 2005

Jeanette's suggestion makes a lot of sense to me. As well as not
being able to gain agreement on the role of governments, I don't
think that it's something that governments will take much notice of.
A viable proposal for how the non-government aspects of internet
governance can be revised in accordance with WSIS principles will, I
think, be seen by all players as a valuable contribution. That will
also be a strong base from which to make comments on governmental
activities (e.g. USG oversight) or proposals (e.g. GAC power).

Cheers

Danny

--
Danny Butt