[governance] oversight

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Thu Oct 13 03:20:21 EDT 2005

Danny Butt ha scritto:
> Jeanette's suggestion makes a lot of sense to me. As well as not
> being able to gain agreement on the role of governments, I don't
> think that it's something that governments will take much notice of.
> A viable proposal for how the non-government aspects of internet
> governance can be revised in accordance with WSIS principles will, I
> think, be seen by all players as a valuable contribution. That will
> also be a strong base from which to make comments on governmental
> activities (e.g. USG oversight) or proposals (e.g. GAC power).

Seeing my message, Avri's reply, and the following discussion, I think
now we all agree to disagree on whether "one government (the US)" is
better or worse than "all governments". So I too support Jeanette's
idea, and I think we should (after pushing for "no governments") focus
on proposals on how to make ICANN better, and how to make the forum a
success.