[governance] Statement made in Plenary

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon Oct 3 10:56:24 EDT 2005

At 10:44 03-10-2005 -0400, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>Isn't the best solution to split off the regulation of ccTLDs for
>just this reason?

Can you say more on that, please?

>>I don't think that hard global public regulation, i.e. treaties, is the
>>best way to solve the problem either, but I also don't think that
>>business decisions deriving from the interest of one party only should
>>be the one and only driver of the evolution of the Internet.

What makes you think that the other way will work better? What's
wrong with the current model (and let's forget for the moment the
usual reasons about "legitimacy", government control, etc.?

My country delegation several times have said that we have solved the
problem with the Internet Governance in Bulgaria. I still wonder why
other countries, including the ones, which seem most vocal, don't
share how they've solved it in their own territories?
It's always easy to give global ideas, and very difficult if you have
to implement them locally.

v.