[governance] [not_spam] News on future sessions

Jeremy Shtern jeremy.shtern at umontreal.ca
Fri Oct 7 12:18:18 EDT 2005

Hi Bertrand and a very good morning to all distinguished colleagues,

We need to clarify the ‘means closed’ caveat:

Are the subcommittee A meetings in Tunis going to be meetings of
drafting groups or are they going to continue with the procedure adopted
in Geneva where the majority of the work (especially in regards to forum
function and oversight) was done in Committee itself?

Thus, before I react, I would like to know if:

1.)    Have we officially and unequivocally heard that the meetings
(whatever type they will be) are closed in Tunis? Or is this an
interpretation of a likely outcome based on the info provided?

2.)    If this is an interpretation, then, I suggest that we need to be
clearly informed if the work will continue as it was being done in
Geneva (ie subcommittee and the formation of adhoc drafting groups to do
consultations on specific sections of conflicting language) or if they
are going to do all of the remainder of the work in drafting groups.
Because the suggestion that rules of prepcom apply seems to suggest
that, assuming the work continues as it was, it should not be closed.

Thus, what we really need to know is if Subcommitee A is going to pick
up where it left in Tunis (as indications seem to be that it will do- at
least officially) or if this is going to be something different.

I am sure there are others who would appreciate this clarification.

Cheers,

Jeremy

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
=-=-=

Jeremy Shtern,

candidat doctoral et chercheur au Laboratoire de Recherche sur les
Politiques de Communication/

Ph.D candidate & researcher at the Communications Policy Research
Laboratory

Université de Montréal

département de communication

514-343-6111 ex./poste  5419