[governance] oversight, & the need for netizen feedback processes

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Thu Oct 27 09:39:01 EDT 2005

Since this was mentioned, here is some concrete info on IP number
"pricing". Rits has just received an IPv4 /20 block and an AS number
from LACNIC. This means 4096 IP numbers. Cost (I prefer not to say
"price" because LACNIC is a non-profit operation): US$650 (including
three years of $50 annual maintenance fee and $500 for the initial
setup). Meaning the cost for the holder per IP number to be about $0.16
for three years in this case. The cost per IP number of course goes down
for larger blocks.

Very reasonable in my view.

--c.a.